Fil-Tec is a technical fiber company manufacturing innovative products in both Washington County Md. and Franklin County Pa. We manufacture critical components for global industry leaders such as Boeing, La-Z-Boy, LL Bean and Corning. More impressive than the companies we supply are the people we employ. We recognize the unique, individual value of each person and strive to support their development and provide opportunities for personal and financial growth. We encourage you to learn more about Fil-Tec, kick the tires and give us a chance to show you what makes us a truly special place to spend some time, collaborate and grow.
Quarterly Attendance Bonuses
Health Club Memberships
9 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Additional voluntary benefits
Lab Technician - Dye Lab
“What I love most about working at Fil-Tec is the people. It feels like I am working with family.”
Department Manager - Coating
“I like the autonomy that comes with working at Fil-Tec. I am given the opportunity to do my best without someone always looking over my shoulder.”
Sales Representative - High Temp & Candlewick
“I have never felt more part of a team than I do here at Fil-Tec. They really do take care of their workers unlike anywhere else and harbor such a welcoming environment. I take a lot of pride in telling people where I work and I’m definitely excited about my future with this company.”
Lab Technician - Candlewick
“I love the opportunity that I get at Fil-Tec. It’s an honor to work in a laboratory that is developing new candle wick technology that changes the way people think about candles.Something that I have greatly valued at Fil-Tec is the job security, 31 years says a lot.”
Production Operator - Coating
“I really enjoy the team environment we have here. I think it makes everyone enjoy coming to work.”
Smithsburg, MD, US / Waynesboro, PA, US
Production team members to work in a process production environment operating and maintaining multiple machines at one time.
- $19.61 to $21.85 Hourly
- 2nd 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- 3rd 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
- 12 Hour Night shift 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM
Immediate shifts available:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced production environment.
- Work with small fibers and yarns
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good math skills
- Multi-tasking abilities and detailed oriented.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with computers and scan guns
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some experience in a production environment helpful but not necessary.
Hab+Dash Office, Hagerstown, MD / Main Office, Smithsburg, MD
As a point of contact for our customers, you’ll be the friendly voice of Fil-Tec, providing world-class customer service, troubleshooting and support. We will rely on you to listen to our customers and use your expertise, creativity and passion to meet their needs - and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people. As part of the Fil-Tec family, you’ll share our passion for our products as you build relationships with customers, partners and other members of the Fil-Tec team.
- Be the voice of Fil-Tec, by helping customers with support by phone and email
- Build trusting relationships with customers, key internal stakeholders, and senior management
- Apply your problem-solving skills to resolve customer questions
- Produce reports on invoices and products for internal team members as required
- Manage and input customer orders using various software tools
- Work in a highly collaborative (and extremely fun!) team environment
What you’ll be doing:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- A super-positive, empathetic mindset
- A great deal of initiative, resourcefulness, and sense of ownership
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, sharp focus, and the ability to flourish in both independent and collaborative settings
- Top-notch customer service skills (prior experience in customer service required)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word) skills
- Adaptable learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of and experience with all forms of social media and e-commerce is helpful
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K benchmarked against Fortune 500 companies
- Health Club memberships
- Paid time off
- A family oriented culture
- Opportunity for professional growth